Monday, December 21, 2009

UP Diliman Faculty Follies 2009

(thanks to kate dy and yayo yambao for the pictures)

i promised myself i won't do the follies this year, but i'm glad i changed my mind. i'm a sucker for happy headdresses, and this year's costume made me very, very happy. thanks should go to the creative team headed by prof. jeff giron of the department of art studies who came up with foam headdresses of the characters from the computer game, plants versus zombies.


this is me in our dressing room practicing my sunflower face in front of the mirror.


me with my favorite zombie, fernando, an exchange professor from the department of european languages. to his left is prof. schedar jocson of the department of filipino and philippine literature. next to schedar is jeff giron.


the flowers. me with the old ladies of my home department, the department of english and comparative literature--dr. adel. lucero, our department chair; prof. divina diokno; and dr. chit abayan.


the department of english and comparative literature contingent.


the happy costumed "plants" and schedar posing with our creator, jeff.


last minute choreography changes. i love, love, love the theater arts students who helped us with the choreography, direction, and makeup. these guys kick ass.


the plants with the zombies and the rest of the cast during the break between shows.


me and prof. yayo yambao, a zombie, of the department of art studies sharing carrot cake we bought at chocolate kiss during the break between shows.


at the rehearsal for the finale on the university theater stage about an hour before the start of the first show. at the foreground is prof. errol agustin of the department of european languages as she-wolf. it was he who convinced me to join the follies.


at the end of the second show. up diliman chancellor sergio cao, who also performed at the follies, is the guy in glasses on the right foreground. beside him is college of arts and letters dean elena mirano still wearing her christmas flower face paint.